Wednesday, January 14, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Back to the Farm

About three weeks back, I wanted a quick finish and decided pull out the little pink case that holds my Farmer's Wife.
I keep all of my blue, green and teal scraps in this cardboard briefcase, as well as my farmer's wife book and the handouts from the Secrets of the Farmer's Wife class I took at The Workroom. The brilliant Johanna Masko created this class and even if you aren't making this quilt, the information she shares is invaluable!

No. 78, Shoot Star. Paper pieced.
No. 20, Churn Dash. Machine pieced.
 No. 24, Country Path. Paper pieced. I made an error when putting the pieces together, but decided to leave it be. It was too fiddly to rip and recreate.
 No. 19, Checkerboard. Paper pieced.
 No. 88, Star of Hope. Paper pieced.
 No. 87, Star Gardener Machine pieced. Yes, really! I used the bias strip method to cut these 1" HSTs.
 No. 22, Corn and Beans. Machine pieced.
It's been a very long time since I've linked up, but this week I'm linking to the Freshly Pieced WIP round-up and to the Canadian Needle and Thread Network.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely start. Can't wait to see it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Star Gardener block. I'm planning to use that block for a sampler of my own design, but twice as big! That's amazing work with all those tiny little pieces!

    ReplyDelete